Everyone is on the turmeric-drink-train at the moment, so I thought I would jump on board. At first, I was a bit skeptical but now this is my favourite go-to drink, especially during the mid-afternoon slump. It’s a great pick-me-up, and I’m slightly addicted to it. I would like to introduce you to my version of the turmeric tonic.
- 1 mug of almond milk
- 2 dates
- small slice of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
What to do
- In a blender, mix together milk, dates and ginger until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until mixture starts to simmer and milk is warm.
- Add turmeric, and mix with a milk frother. (The milk frother is optional.)
- Transfer drink to your favourite mug, and enjoy.