Jam-making from scratch is a timely process, so we usually revert to store -bought versions, which are packed full of sugars or added sweeteners. You will be glad to hear that this jam recipe is neither lengthy nor contains any added sweeteners, other than the fruit. This is the fool- proof lazy man’s jam.
- 2 cups of frozen mixed berries
- 3 tablespoons of white chia seeds
- Defrost berries for 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Mash berries with the back of a fork, leaving some lumps for texture.
- Stir in the chia seeds.
- Transfer the jam to a jar, and place it in the fridge.
- It is best to let the mixture set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before eating as the chia seeds will expand over time.
This jam stores in the fridge for about a week. On days when my patience is lacking, I have eaten the jam without allowing it to set.
This jam is great on sandwiches, with porridge in the morning, straight from the jar – or you can try it in my ultimate PB & J recipe.